With the expansion of technology comes the expansion of different ways we learn. Videos are one aspect of learning that can be extremely useful in the classroom. I believe it provides another view to what you are teaching. When the material is repeated by different individuals and still have the same idea it shows that it really is important and true! The first video I chose was through the website, "VideoJug." I selected a video that answers various questions individuals have on reading in regards to their child. This can assist parents and answer questions that they may have. Even if I have already covered it all, it is important that they continually hear how important reading is! The other video is one Melissa and I used for our Opportunities Unlimited students. It taught them how to call into work and the different aspects that should be covered when calling in. On Melissa's blog she used the video on how to interview, which we used as well. They both are wonderful videos to educate students! We also used a video clip from the Tide To Go commercial with the "Talking Stain" when we taught them the do's and dont's of what to wear to work! I have attached that to my list as well. They loved it...a little humor is always great to throw in while teaching!
Videos in the classroom can be used to teach new lessons, get students hooked, or educate them on various topics. You can bring a lesson to life with a simple video! It could be anything from a quick 30 second clip to something more serious and lengthy.
Learning to Quilt: Quilting the Quilt Top
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment